ParentPay Cashless Catering
Wanstead High School is now a cashless school.
As you may be aware, we operate a Cashless Catering system at Wanstead High. Each pupil has an individual ParentPay account and funds can be added either online or at any local store where the ParentPay logo is displayed.
ParentPay is used by the school for pupils to pay for their meals and also for music lessons and trips which avoids the need for pupils to be carrying large amounts of cash. To help reduce costs in our school, correspondence is now being sent via email. This is done primarily via ParentPay. Please ensure that the school holds a current email address for you. Remember to inform the school should your email address or contact numbers change.
Please find below frequently asked questions and more information about the scheme.
What is ParentPay?
This is the system that allows parents to put money onto their child's account. Parents register for ParentPay online and then select payments towards school meals. You can add funds to the ParentPay account via the ParentPay website. (Please click here).
Please note that Parentpay have changed the way money is deposited onto cashless catering accounts. You will now need to deposit a set amount of money onto your account and then from that sum make a payment transfer to the item of your choosing be that your child’s lunch account or a school trip.
For more information please refer to their official guidance *here*. Support is also available from the school, just call us up and ask to speak to a member of IT Support regarding your child’s ParentPay account and we will try to assist you.
How do I get started?
We will send you an activation letter when your child enrolls enabling you to setup your ParentPay account. The activation letter will contain a personal activation username and password to enable you to login to ParentPay. During the activation process you will be guided through changing your username and password to something more memorable; you can also merge your accounts if you have more than one child at Wanstead High School.
My child is entitled to free school meals, what should I do?
Nothing! Your meal allowance will be added each day and will be ready to from 9am.
My child is entitled to free school meals but would like to buy food at times of the day outside of lunchtime.
You will need to register with ParentPay and add funds to your account using the website.
The balance in school is showing as zero but funds have been added via the ParentPay website
It takes up to 48 hours for funds to be shown on your account. Please remember to plan in advance when topping up.
Telephone enquiries regarding password changes, email address changes, merging accounts etc should be directed to ParentPay on 02476 994 820 (Mon-Fri 8:30am - 5pm). Select option 1 for Cashless Catering.
Wanstead High are able to assist with some account queries (authorisation codes for new users, viewing account details, confirming balance etc). Please email firstname.lastname@example.org . We are not able to make fundamental changes to accounts as the accounts are private between the user and ParentPay themselves.
What does ParentPay do?
- enables you to pay for school dinners and trips
- offers a highly secure payment site
- gives you a history of all the payments you have made
- allows the merging of accounts if you have more than one child at school
- shows you all items available for payment relevant to each of your children
- emails a receipt of your payment to the email address you register
How does ParentPay help you?
- gives you the freedom to make payments to school whenever and wherever you like
- stops you having to write cheques or search for cash to send to school
- gives you peace of mind that your payment has been made safely and securely
- helps with budgeting; payments are immediate, there is no waiting for cheques to clear
- payments for many of the larger trips can be made by instalments up to the due date
- ParentPay is quick and easy to use
How does ParentPay help our school?
- reduces the administrative time spent on banking procedures
- keeps accurate records of payments made to every service for every pupil
- ensures that payments do not bounce
- reduces paper ‘waste’
- allows for easy and quick refunds to be made back to your account
- improves communication between the school and parents concerning payments
- offers a more efficient payment collection process, reducing the amount of money held on school premises
Canteen Provider AIP:
Wanstead's canteen is managed and run by the AIP group. Please click here for their website
Canteen Menu and Salad Bar Menu:
AIP offer a wide choice of fresh and healthy meals. Please see the links below for our 3-week menu and current price list.
Mid- Morning Break Menu & Canteen Menu:
Canteen Price List 2023:
Mid-Morning Break Tariff and Lunch Break Tariff
Click here (scroll down to view all 2 menus)
What's on Offer? - a selection of toasted goods with jam and spread and also chilled fruit juice for a perfect start to the day.